The lockdowns and home quarantine must have forced a lot of people glued to their smartphone and pc screens. Everything, after having it for some long time it simply loses its touch, won’t make you feel the way it made before. The same goes for the outlook of your smart devices, which indeed gets boring when you don’t try to change it. The change is what keeps going and there’s something more that you can work on, other than switching wallpapers and lock screen to give your device a new look. On behalf of this, MadVicks has come with a new article “How to Change Font in Windows 10”. Here we will tell you the 3 Best Ways to Change Font Style on Windows 10.
Feeling Lazy to Read? Watch this Video
How to Change Font Style in Windows 10
So, for a difference let’s check out these simple methods to change the font style of your PC –
- Before starting Just in case to make sure that you can change your font style to default, create a restore point prior to any of these steps.
- Now to create a restore point, open the windows registry editor.
- On the configure tab, turn on the system protection, under system properties, and create a restore point.
- It’ll be recommended to have the file saved to your home screen for easy access.
- Restore points can be activated with a click and they undo all the changes you’ve made after the creation of the restore point.
- So it’s a safe destination and whenever you want to try something new with your PC, remember to create a restore point in case anything goes wrong.
Now we can check out the first method, and the easiest one which doesn’t require help from any external software.
You may also like –Top 10 Best Free PDF Reader For Windows 10 | 2021 (Free & Paid)
#1st Method to Change Font in Windows 10
- Click on the search bar and go to the control panel menu of the PC.
- Now click on the Appearance tab and select font.
- Using the inbuilt notepad application, simply by changing the command by entering the inbuilt font you want.
- You just have to enter the name of the font correctly, within the spaces.
- Now save the notepad file after the font name change, also change the extension of the file.
- The saved file will be in .txt or text format which needs to be converted into .reg or the registry file.
- Once saved, click on the file to open the custom file and activate it.
- Now restart your PC to see the magic yourself.
- Enjoy the changed font, in this way you can keep any fonts as your default, both the inbuilt ones and downloaded ones.
It can be changed using the same procedure and the default font restored with a click on the restore point which was already created. Clicking on the restore point will reactivate the default system font after a restart.
Download The text file by clicking the button given bellow.
You may also like –3 Easy Ways to Make Bootable USB Windows 10, 8, 7
#2nd Method to Change Font in Windows 10
- Apart from the default system version, many fonts, and the software for font change, advanced versions of them can be downloaded online. To check out one such software, click on Chrome and search for ‘Download advanced font changer‘.
- Now enter the wintools.info or any other popular site to download the software. After the completion of the download, run the software.
- Once again save the registry file and get rid of the popup.
- Unlike the system font changer’, the downloaded one has better-advanced features.
It includes –
- Availability of a wide variety of fonts.
- Options to change the font size of the new Font.
- Customization and personalization.
- Height of the font
- Spacing width of the font etc.
- Whenever the font gets boring you can easily change it into a new one free of cost.
- Now click on the restore point if you want everything to be normal and default.
You may also like –3 Ways To Control PC With Android Phones 2020
#3rd Method to Change Fonts in Windows 10
One more online software that has to be downloaded from the internet specially made for the windows 10. This has more and better features than just everywhere.
- It has a lot of applications connected and the features are mind-blowing.
- It can adjust the font size and color, height, and rotation.
- Above all of these the software has an inbuilt restore point.
- So that the user may not use the old inbuilt restore point.
- But these numbers of features should be analyzed and find a proper usage if the user is planning to expand his experience with this’ don’t changer’.
- The fonts give a cool new outlook for the device you use and that is what matters the most.
So, This is all about How to change Fonts in Windows 10 / PC. We’ve explained the 3 Best Methods of How you can change font style on your PC. Hopefully, You get what you are looking for. If you have any questions or suggestions you can comment down below. We will try to sort out them.