We are now living in the digital world and we are able to access each and every information or resource that is readily available in our fingertip by a software application called web browser which is also known as a browser. It enables the user to access resources and information from an information system called the World Wide Web (www).
A web browser is available on various devices including desktop, laptops, tablets, and smartphones. According to various surveys of 2019 reported and concluded that around 4.3 billion people are using and are able to access the browser.
Dont want to Read? Watch this Video
Watch Full Video On MadVicks: Click Here
About Web browser
Everyone has confusion that the web browser and search engine are the same, but the fact is that the search engine is just a website that stores information or data about the website on the other hand web browser will navigate the user and direct them to the website or information that they searched for.
The web page contains the hyperlink to other pages and each link has URL (Uniform Resource Locator) and when it is selected the browser will direct to that particular page searched by the user. This how the web browser works.
Most of the web browsers support user-interface features like home page and search bar and options for selecting pages or tabs etc., they are also customized with the extent and some browsers may be provided with sync service.
World Wide Web (www) is the first web browser in the world created by sir Tim Benner-lee in 1992. Now google chrome is the most and widely used web browser in the world. However, in this article, we will discuss various other best web browser and it’s prominent features including Google chrome.
Best Browser in the world
According to the various sources of study reports from all around the world listed top eight web browsers they are:
- Microsoft Edge
- Opera mini
- Mozilla Firefox
Let us take detailed information and features about each and every browser
It is a web browser developed by Microsoft Corporation and primarily released in Windows 10, Android, and iOS. It is also the default web browser on Windows 10 mobile on replacing the internet Explorer. It has many features like:
- It supports the legacy Trident (MSHTML) layout engine which enables the backward compatibility.
- Contains Adobe Flash reader and PDF reader by default.
- It provides functions like download manager and favorite center which enables the favorites, browsing history which is almost similar to internet Explorer.
- It integrates with Microsoft’s online platform to support voice control and search functionalities.
- It also provides HTML5 standards.
It is a mobile-based web browser developed by Opera Software AS. It was derived from the Opera web browser, a freeware web browser. It made available in devices such as android, iOS, and in phones developed by Windows. It has a feature like:
- Uses cloud acceleration and data compression technology.
- Its address bar is capable of using a various pre-configured search engine and in default, it has Google and Wikipedia.
- It has an Adblocker to block unnecessary advertisements.
- Supports night mode and privacy browser.
- It allows saving bookmarks, download files, and offline reading.
It is also called Firefox which is a free and open-source web browser developed by Mozilla foundation. It is made available in windows, macOS, Linux, and in some versions of Android and iOS. It has features like:
- Similar to the extensions of Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge.
- It has themes for the web pages which is either can be created by or can be downloaded.
- It has Google as the default browser.
- Supports tabbed browsing, spell checking, smart bookmarks, and private browsing.
- It also has the ability to add other applications such as games, ad blockers, screenshot apps, etc.
It is a multi-platform web browser developed by Google. It made available in all devices like Windows, Linux, macOS, iOS, and Android. It has features like:
- It supports the minimalistic user interface features.
- It allows the user to synchronize their bookmarks, history, and settings through Google account.
- It has high-end security features.
- It enables password management.
- Supports private browsing.
It is a new freeware and multi-platform web browser developed by Vivaldi Technology on April 6, 2016. It is released and made available only in the android mobile of the beta version. It consists of features like:
- It is a minimalistic user interface with basic icons, fonts, and color schemes.
- It has digital bookmarks for fast accessing.
- It supports various point device gestures for functions like switching and keyboard activation.
- It enables the ‘suspend to disk’ feature for freeing the resources when it is not used.
It is a free and open-source web browser developed by the Brave software Inc. It made available in Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, and iOS. It has features like:
- It is a chromium-based web browser.
- It enables a salient feature called BAT (Basic Attention Token) which is an open-source and decentralized ad exchange platform on Ethereum a cryptocurrency platform.
- It has DuckDuckGo as a default search engine.
- Installed with the first version of micropayments known as Brave payments.
It is an internet-related software suite and chromium-based web browser developed by Torch media.it is released in only in Windows and macOS and It has features like:
- It handles common internet-related tasks.
- It is commercial and freeware.
- It is a built-in Bit-Torrent client which permit the user to download torrent file.
- It has additional applications like torch-music and others.
It is a graphical web browser developed by Apple Inc. This web browser is based on Webkit engine. It is made available in iOS, macOS, and windows. It has features like:
- It is an object-oriented API (Application Program Interface) application.
- It enables private browsing.
- It supports the ability to search and share bookmarks.
- It has HTML5 with new input options.